… to the pregnant lady you saw in WalMart this evening.
5) Wow, how are you still managing … your belly is huge! <Awkward pause as I stare> … Umm … really beautiful, but just big. You know … <trails off and walks away>
4) This must be your first. You just have that innocent, naive look to you. (inner thoughts were running wild on this one … I managed to contain them all)
3) Oh honey … you must be so hot. At least your due date is coming soon. <awkward moment> … Right? Ummm … maybe not. Myself: 7 1/2 weeks to go. Lady: Wow. <walks away>
2) When I mention my September 21st due date, “That’s awful!!! You have to still make it through the whole summer. I am so sorry … I remember being pregnant through the summer, it was the WORST THING EVER.” (Really lady? The worst thing ever? I doubt it … and as a note, I can’t change my due date now, kind of in it for the long haul … maybe support would have been a better option)
And the number #1 choice from the evening …
1) When are you due? <I mention September 21st> Oh my, that’s amazing … I would have guessed in a couple weeks by the size of your stomach. Almost 8 weeks? Are they sure? Is it twins? I just can’t believe how big your belly is. <awkward pause> But it is lovely … and you are so thin, thin people always look bigger pregnant.
No lie, all those comments were tonight. While part of me wanted to go crazy Ninja on them all, I just smiled and allowed myself to ponder the blog post I would write. Really, much more productive that way 🙂